Sunday, May 22, 2016

Day 9: Music, Music & More Music

Although I was expecting my subject to be the lead singer of a Ukrainian band, that just didn't work out. However, I found a new subject and finished my slideshow. I stumbled upon a British singer performing in Alexanderplatz.



His name is Geraint John Jones. After he finished his set in Alexanderplatz, I followed him to Hackescher Markt, where we waited around for an hour and a half for a group of Romanians to finish performing in Geraint's "spot."


Apparently over the weekend Hackescher Markt is an actual market, and I spent the waiting period buying an assortment of gifts and food.



That night, our group attended a classical music night in an old tram repair shop. Unfortunately pictures weren't allowed, but the musicians were incredible.

Day 9 taught me that Berlin's weather is very temperamental and confusing, British singers are very pessimistic and the system of street performance is complex and cutthroat.

No comments:

Post a Comment